Friday, February 13, 2009

V-Day Fun

Cupcakes are yum. They're one of my favorites. I make them, any excuse I can. The Martha Stewart Living magazine has AMAZING cupcake recipes this month. And nothing too fancy either. Go buy yourself a copy and eat lots of cupcakes.

A happy face :) I had one too after I finished one off! And of course, Jackson was nice enough to share his (second) cupcake with his little brother.



Cupcakes are FUN to eat...



I made little valentines for each kid in Jackson's class at school. I took the easy route and baked brownies and used a heart-shaped cookie cutter and cut out a brownie for each kid. I was in a rush this morning getting everyone out the door, I forgot to take a pic of the final product. But trust me, they were cute.




Charlie says: Take my picture. Love me. I know I'm cute.



Being a camera hog! Actually, it was ok with me. I wasn't having the best all around looking day :) Allergies=puffy eyes. Hair in ponytail=my signature look. No make-up=who has time? I did get my teeth brushed. Go me.


Tonight is our first Mardi Gras parade! We are going to my cousin's house (within walking distance of our house) and eating together then walking to the parade. The roads all close here at 6pm and the parade starts at 7pm. It's lots of fun and the kids really like catching everything the people on the floats throw off. Charlie should have a blast this year! Hopefully the rain will hold off. Have a GREAT weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pics! I bet they wished you would make cupcakes everyday! Diane & I are using those recipes for the shower. Don't know which ones yet but the coconut ones and strawberry ones look pretty good! Kiss my boys.Nonna

Jessica said...

mom...def make the coconut ones...steph made them tonight and they were to DIE for...so yummy!

Lori said...

Ok so I have sent a request to Janet for a copy of Martha Stewart. Thanks for the heads up and Jackson looked like he was enjoying that yummy cupcake..you are a fun mommy!