Friday, February 27, 2009

Gettin' crafty with it...


Just call me Martha Stewart today. I stumbled across this cool "craft" a while ago and figured today was the perfect day to try it.
I bought these silicone trays earlier this week thinking I would use this idea for "treat bags" for the kids who come to Jackson's birthday party. Oh, and Jackson had a massive bag of crayons that he would never use up even if he colored for hours a day.

The longest part of the project was unpeeling all of the crayons. Jackson lost interest in doing this with me in the first 5 minutes...so it was just me left to do the tedious task. Bake em for 15 minutes and let them cool for 1 hour and voila!


Cute little treat bags all ready to go for Jackson's party. No procrastinating for this lady the night before his party!



I'm in love with the bright colors! Sure beats a candy bag if you ask me!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is just the coolest idea I have seen in along time. You could even put letters that spell the childs name in the bag. Guess it would suck to be you if your name was "Joe" or "Tom" or "Sam" or alot of other names like "Lana"! You would need to do their middle names too in that case. Only two weeks! Love, Nonna

Lori said...

what a fabulous idea!! I will for sure have to pass this along to "my moms". You are so cleaver Jess!!! What a fun mommy you are!

melanie said...

GREAT IDEA! You are martha stewart! man, I wish we were coming to the party! :)

mel

Chelsea Drew said...

Awesome idea! I love it! I might have to use that someday. Where do you find these ideas? I'm impressed!