Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Mardi Gras 2009

Such a GREAT family picture....of James and me! We went to our first Mardi Gras parade last Friday night here in Mandeville. It was nice to just "walk" to the parade and leave when we wanted.

Charlie had so much fun catching beads. I suffered a slight head injury from apparently not being a good catcher of the beads...oh well. I shook it off.

We stood on my cousin's flatbed trailer. This way the kids were trapped and couldn't escape.

What does he see?? There was lots of marching bands and music. He danced the night away.
Jackson chose to sit on his daddy's shoulders. Just what James wanted...

This was a day parade in New Orleans on Sunday afternoon. We were walking to the doggie parade (Barkus) and got to catch some of this parade. It was fun! But TOO many people.

Going down Canal Street.

Here we are at Barkus. Christian is in the background. It was a fun afternoon. I think we saw a breed of every dog imaginable that afternoon. Made me want to go out and get a new puppy.......(yeah, right).

The dogs (and their owners) were all dressed up in costumes. It was so cute. Back when I was single (wild and crazy) and had no children (obviously), my cousin, Steph, and I marched her basset hound, Lulu, in this parade. It was so much fun. We are entering Champers in the "Mardi Paws" parade here on the northshore on March 1. The kids will have a blast. Any ideas of what our "theme" should be??


A New Orleans Lucky Dog!

This is our friend, Luke's dog, Gumbo. He's a cutie. The kids love him. Our next parade is this Friday night. Hopefully, I'll get some better pictures. I was too scared to take my good camera to the last parade.

No comments: