Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Random


Let me start by saying, I had to get rid of the polka-dot layout. It was too "loud" for me and made me think about having seizures. Not that I've ever had a seizure, but I thought about it.

******

James bought one of those backyard "fire pits" for the backyard. It's been fun to build fires and sit around it and make s'mores. I LOVE s'mores. They are yummy. Anyways, I really don't know how to build a fire, I mean, I could do it if my life depended on it. Guess it all boils down to me being lazy and just letting my husband do it. There's a point to my story...
James wasn't coming home until late that night and the boys and I had already eaten dinner. And we wanted dessert. Well, me actually... I didn't "feel" like building a fire just to make s'mores...so we improvised...take a gander at my ingenious mind:)

Tell me that doesn't look yum in the tum...

*******


If I do recall, I'm pretty sure I conceived two BOYS...you couldn't tell that in this picture. They found my curlers...and Charlie has the perfect hair for curlers. I love Charlie's face in the pic below...I'd give a million $$ to know what he was thinking....maybe "ouch?"


*********



So, most everyone who knows me, knows me to be pretty fashionable. I try, at the least. I've always been interested in it, and for goodness sakes, have a bachelor's degree in it. (Not that it's put to use now or anything). But I remember picking out my mom's outfits when I was in kindergarten. She used to volunteer in my classroom when I was what, 6? I didn't want to be "embarrassed" by her attire, so I'd assemble her outfits the night before (as I did my own). And from what my mom tells me, I was good at that job, and she always wore what I picked out...Go me.






So my question is, "What the heck and where the heck did my son get this hideous idea?" We were rushing out the door to go meet James for dinner, and I told Jackson to go get his shoes on.....this is what greets me at the door. I did a double-take. I stuttered and blinked a lot. Never did I expect to see this. It's gotta be like in the top 5 of fashion faux pas right??



******


One of those random pics I found on my camera when I got back from Pa last week. James had gotten him a "cap gun" and it came with the "cowboy works." Wow, I never knew how much I liked to quotation mark stuff. Hope it doesn't bother you, cause it's not going away :)""""""


*******
Micah, Lana and "Hern", Andrew Hern. (pre-race) See, it's not even light out yet...


Anyways again, Lana had her first 1/2 marathon race (13 miles) for those who aren't up on their race distances. She did amazing...I mean, like 2 hours 6 minutes amazing. And it's her FIRST race. She couldn't start with a dinky 5k (3.1 miles) race and work her way up or anything...she had to go all out and show off her superior running abilities...We're running a 10k (6.2 miles) together in April, and this feat pretty much sealed the deal that we WON'T be running partners in that race. That's ok...I can bring up the rear. I have no shame.

Post-race. With smiles on their faces. After 13 miles, you would have to peel my face off the sidewalk to take a picture...


This was really cool. Lana went online and found this tattoo (it's fake)...(she got a running jersey too) at http://www.team413.org/

Check it out. I'll be sporting this look at my big 10k in two months.
*******

Lana and I made Mardi Gras wreaths for the front door this afternoon. We think they turned out pretty darn great.



Back at Christmas time, my Aunt Barb taught me how to make bows for my Christmas wreaths. Well, that was 3 months ago, and I forgot how...so I called my mom. She couldn't teach me over the phone...huh? (She's more "hands-on" you could say..) I googled it, and think they turned out pretty good....


Stella- cat giving me a look.
Finished product. Not too bad, eh?





By the way, just in case you had any doubts, I DO like to get comments in my comment box. So, hint hint...leave me one ;) Tell me how cool I am.

10 comments:

Chelsea Drew said...

You are soooo cool! :) I am the same way! I love to read comments! I think Jackson's socks and sandals thing is absolutely hilarious! he is such a character. We miss you guys already... but I'm super psyched that we will see you in a few short months... and who knows... maybe Carter and I will be knocking on your door someday in March...

Anonymous said...

Oh come on...tell them about the notebook that you kept of our outfits with the dates so that we wouldn't wear the same thing within a two week period. Go ahead, tell them how you even wrote down what earrings we would wear. Personally, I think you're adopted, but I love you just the same :)
Lana

Anonymous said...

That's my grandbabies!!!! Way to go boys I love the fashion statement.

Anonymous said...

I forgot about the notebook! You still comment on my outfits sometimes and trust me, you never have to say anything, I can always tell by "the look". Jackson was showing some creative thinking - even as young as he is! I hope you were gentle in stearing him in a different direction; wouldn't want to stiffle the poor child. Love Charlie's doo! Guess I'll leave the s'mores behind or paste them to my rear - that's where they'd end up anyway! Love, Nonna

Anonymous said...

By the way, did my grandcat have a rough night before? She looks like she's been on a 3 day drunk!
Nonna

Jessica said...

aww..thanks mom, you left me THREE comments. I feel so special AND loved by my family :) My eyes got big when I saw I had 5 COMMENTS in my box!! And it's ok that most of them were from you :)

Unknown said...

Hey Jessica!
I stumbled by your blog!! It is SUPER cute and your family is adorable! You seem to be an awesome "hands on" mom. I will have to mark this as one of my favs...and visit often! Hope you are doing well!
Take care!

Your boys are adorable!

Chelsea Drew said...

Goin a little crazy with the comments there Cindra!!! :)

Barb said...

Think the wreaths turned out great! I could have talked you through the bow making process long distance I think. Have a great week! Can't believe it is Sunday night already...boo boo work! You 'stay-at-home' moms are so lucky. I remember those days!

melanie said...

well, i heard ya loud and clear on the "leave me a comment" deal (obviously i like quotes too) and then saw the other 900 people that heard and obeyed too. :) Wow! lots of readers.

when i read your blog i feel like I am reading mine. You say things like I think I would. And I am cracking up!! Its like we are related or something. But you would totally have to dress me. Fashion AINT my thang. i wish it was...but it aint. ;)

Way to go Lana! and I follow that up with who are the cute guys she ran with? probably cousins, right?
I was thinking of workin my way up to a half marathon. but I need a partner. I cant do it alone....sometime we need to ALL sign up for the disney 1/2 marathon and run thru the parks! And not very hilly...it'd be fun. :)

heart ya!