Monday, February 23, 2009

Mardi Gras '09. Part Deux.

You may, or may not be sick of seeing Mardi Gras pics. If you aren't, then you're in luck.
I've got LOTS more pics to come. I just have to get my hands on them.

I dragged my husband and kids to New Orleans on Saturday to catch some parades. We met up with our friends, the Pierces, at 2pm and caught then end of the Tucks parade. They had been at the same spot since 9am that morning "staking" out their spot for the parades that day. Long story short, we didn't get home til midnight that night. It was a LONG day..but the boys had so much fun (and James did too, actually).

Kid Rock (not a fan) was the Grand Marshall of the Endymion parade and much to my surprise, REO Speedwagon was in the parade. They had their band set up on a huge float and were playing all their classics. It was AWESOME. You know their songs, "Can't Fight This Feeling", "Time For Me To Fly", "Take It On The Run"...good 80's music.

That picture up there is the aftermath of the Tucks parade. It was just one big party after another. With a sea of trash up and down the streets. Mardi Gras is crazy.

Jackson and Tyler were throwing beads on this little tree and decorating it. Had to kill some time between the parades. That's our friends, Tony and Tracey up there on the side of the pic.


Lana caught these interesting beads Friday night at the Orpheus parade here in Mandeville. We had quite the set up Friday night. James put his long flat-bed trailer out on the street the night before the parade. We had a firepit, heaters, a grill, a table and chairs, oh and lots of food and people on our trailer. It was so much fun. Tim manned the grill and I made a huge pot of red beans and rice. Definitely the way to go for a parade. Tim and I decided we'd be starting a new tradition every year.

Waiting on more pics from other people's cameras....Happy Lundi Gras.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice eyeballs Lana! Mom

Anonymous said...

I want to pick little Charlie up off the bathroom floor and rock him for hours!!! I know, I'm sure he wouldn't be still that long! I miss you all!!! Nonna