Wednesday, September 24, 2008

What's for Dinner?

I try to make a new recipe every week just to keep things interesting in the kitchen. I also have wanted to blog some recipes to share with my readers because a lot of the blogs I read do this too and I think it's a great way to get new recipes! This one comes from my favorite food network chef, Ina Garten. I've only got one of her recipe books but I'd like to collect them all someday. I've made lots of recipes from this book and none have failed me yet.

Here's what's on the menu:

Chicken with goat cheese & basil

Roasted cherry tomatoes

Rice Pilaf

Green Beans

This recipe is so easy and so yummy. These are all the ingredients it takes!

Here's the recipe:

6 boneless chicken breasts, skin on


8-10 oz. garlic & herb goat cheese


6 large fresh basil leaves


olive oil


salt and pepper


Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place the chicken breasts on a sheet pan. Loosen the skin from the meat with your fingers, leaving one side attached. Cut the goat cheese into 1/2 inch thick slices and place 1 or 2 slices and a large basil leaf under the skin of each chicken breast. Pull the skin over as much of the meat as possible so the chicken won't dry out. With your fingers, rub each piece with olive oil, then sprinkle them very generously with salt and pepper. Bake the chicken for 35 to 40 minutes, until the skin is lightly browned and the chicken is just cooked through. Enjoy!


Note: (I had a package of leg quarters so I just used that but I recommend the breasts instead. I'll def use them next time.)

You can buy the recipe book here.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Thanks for the recipe!! I am going to try it this week - keep them coming!