Monday, August 10, 2009

First Day of School!

Today was Jackson's first day of school. He was so excited. This year is different for him because he is going 5 days a week from 9-1pm. I only hope his excitment for school sticks with him through the years. He couldn't believe, when I told him, that he gets to go everyday!

We switched preschools this year because his old school didn't offer a 5 day-a-week program. It is a Montessori school, which I had no idea what that was, until my friend filled me in. But you can read here to inform yourselves if you see the need. Or perhaps you already knew all that, and I'm the only one who was clueless :)

Poor Charlie was sad to see that Jackson got to get out of the car this morning and he didn't. He was stuck with his Mamma. Honestly, I wanted to put Charlie in a 2 day program, but it was just too stinkin' expensive for both of them! Next year, Charlie! I promise. In the meantime, he has to get dragged to the gym and Wal-Mart and boring errands with me, no choice.


Last night Jackson busted his chin open on the kitchen floor. He and his Daddy were wrestling around and Jackson ran away from James and ended up tripping himself and landing on his chin. I thought we were going to have to make a trip to the ER for some stitches, but James didn't think that was necessary..... "Put a band-aid on it, he'll be fine" were his exact words, I believe. Spoken like a true man...



I look at this picture and think, "they're getting so big." Kinda sad to me. Makes me think I want another baby in the picture. But, I'm just not sure....life is easy right now. I am taking advantage of that.

My sweet boy is tired. He should sleep good tonight. Lots of learning and playing and making new friends will do that :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are getting so big! It makes me sad too. I wish I could come see them and you big kids too! I don't know what the key is to keeping him interested in school. . . I certainly failed in that area w/your brother. Oh well. Love Nonna

Anonymous said...

Tell Jackson that I have a scar under my chin from a fall when I was a kid too! I'll have to show it to him sometime. Nonna