Monday, August 31, 2009

Charlie is 2!

My baby turned 2 on Sunday.....


We had a house full of guests this weekend for his birthday party. James' mom, brother, sister, and his brother's girfriend and little boy and my dad all came down on Friday! It was chaos...but lots of fun!

Lana and Lenzy pulled through for me once again on the cake!

We had a FOAM party! 34 people were in attendance! It was a crazy party!

Bananas, Monkeys....you get it ;)




Once the foam started falling, all heck broke loose! The kids went nuts! It was like a giant bathtub....sans bathtub and water!





We thought we were going to lose someone under all those bubbles.

He loved them the most :) He ran the whole afternoon. Let's just say he slept REAL well that night!



I secretly wanted to dive right in....but refrained. boo.



who knew water coming out of a cup could be so exciting!?





This lasted for a solid hour. It was fun to watch. Kinda made me wish I was a kid again, myself.

Running....

Time for cake and ice cream!

Charlie managed to stick his hand in his cake prior to his party.


Grandma and Charlie

A small fight broke out during gift time...no worries though, no one was injured and Lightening McQueen took a time out.

but only for a minute. Melanie, I thought of Isaac when we got this!

bowling ball set...

another ball pit.

and a fun lawnmower that blows bubbles
And a cool new Diego tricycle!
My Charlie is a sweet little boy.
He loves his jee jees (blankets) and he loves to sleep.
He's been an amazing sleeper ever since he was born.
He babbles NONSTOP.
Ask anyone who's around him!
He says tons of words but one we still haven't figured out yet is, "Gheela"....this word is repeated throughout his day and he even throws in a "McGheela" sometimes.
Anyone?
We've given up and now say it along with him!
He likes to chase birds and lizards...hasn't caught one yet, but come very close.
He loves Diego and Dora and Cars...in that order I would say.
He isn't a very picky eater.
He loves red raspberries and all types of fruit basically.
He could live off of fruit!
He gets his feelings hurt easily :(
My nickname for him is "Wubbsie"
He calls himself that...except it's "bubbsie"...so cute.
His hair bounces when he runs, and he is always running.
I love his hair and don't see myself cutting it anytime soon ;)
He still sucks on his two middle fingers, but only when he's got a jee jee in his arms.
It's usually an instantaneous movement....grab jee jee, insert fingers into mouth.
He's still in his crib and hasn't tried to escape its confines yet....I'll keep him in there as long as I possibly can :)
I love my wubbsie and wish I could keep him small forever.
He is so fun.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your wubbsie too and can't wait to see all of you on Sunday. Another common denominator with his Aunt Lana, sleep. She always slept so good! I'm getting things ready, tell the boys I love them. Great party! Love, Nonna

melanie said...

LOVE your new background (new to me...I use reader on google). And I know I have told you this before...but I feel like i am reading my own blog when i read you. Hope that doesn't offend...it's like we're related! :)

LOVE the party idea and the cake. And can you send the McQueen car to us? we need that. I can send you a Diego toy in return. :)

I love the insomnia post. I love reading "stream of consciousness" thoughts in writing. Yours are funny too. Esp the "pray for me cause is the morning I will not wanna get up" part...hahahah...SO true. :)

Lindsey said...

Charlie's party looked awesome. My favorite pic is the one of the fight breaking out. Look in the background at your cousins face. priceless.

Kimberly said...

What a precious monologue for Charlie, you have quite a way with words. He will cherish those words one day!