Wednesday, August 19, 2009

show and tell

Let me start by saying that Jackson trotted into school this morning with this elephant hat on his head and he couldn't have been happier. I, on the other hand, almost peed my pants in secret laughter. I smiled and waved as he hopped out of the car and skipped into school, while his teachers and other passersby stared and I sped off. I can imagine the thoughts running through their heads.

My mom sent a care package to the boys yesterday and there were four different animal hats in the box. Jackson took to this one quickly. Charlie is scared of them. Go figure. I was a frog for the most part of the day, not by choice.

So, Jackson has a letter of the week at his new school. They are supposed to bring in a show and tell that starts with that letter. The letter this week is "M". Yesterday he brought in a magnet of a picture of his dog, Champ.

This morning he announced he would be wearing his elephant hat. I told him his item had to be "M" related, not "E" related. He argued that it was "M-M-Mine!"

I rest my case.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

jess, that is such cute story. Jackson is a riot. u seriosly should send that in to parents magazine where thet put funny things kids say on their last page. it would def get in

Anonymous said...

Okay, this is the first chance I have had to look at this pic. I love it. He is being so creative and that is good. Can't wait to see you all on the 6th. Love, Nonna