Saturday, August 9, 2008

Fun lil' Saturday

James found this rocker on the side of the road a while back....and brought it home. Now, he's brought MANY "finds" home before and this one I actually liked...Most of the "finds/junk" never make it out the back of his truck. I usually have to tell him to take it back to where he found it...it's junk. Poor thing. He rolls his eyes and huffs and puffs.

It's been outside ever since he "found" it and retrieved it. It's got some bumps and bruises....but I had a brilliant idea to bring it indoors....



a little elbow grease....

...some sanding paper....

2 cans of almond colored spray paint....

and two hours later....


It made a comfy little home in the corner of the study!





Total cost of project: $7



I'm a happy camper!





Now we're off to Michael's to craft some wreaths for the front door. I have to make two...because we have two doors....I'm thinking I'll do a fall theme...it is just around the corner ya know...thank goodness!

Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You did such a great job on the rocker bench. Love how you put the fold in the rectangular pillow! You are so good! And so ingenious! And thrifty! The house may sell inspite of the "oddities". I'm glad you are so creative! Mom