Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Green Thumb and Other Good Stuff

Jackson is super interested in flowers and such.
We water the flower beds out front regularly and he's got to be right there helping me. (And to pick the dead flowers off my petunias.)

The Easter bunny left him a kit of basil and a sensitive plant in his basket to grow for himself. Well, the basil was for me really, but he doesn't know that.


So we planted them the other day.



Tiny hands at work.
I love it.


And wouldn't ya know, they are actually growing! The sensitive plant (for those who don't know what that is) is a plant that if you touch it's leaves, it closes up, kinda like a venus fly trap, but without the thorns and blood and tears.
I think Jackson will like it.



Found this curled up in front of the kitchen sink last night as I was making dinner. He was crying for me to hold him, so I would, then have to put him down and continue making dinner. Which by the way was excellent. And I'd love to share the recipe with you :)

I could just munch on these ham hocks all day.
I love his squishy-ness.


Dinner, yeah, it was good. See I cleaned my plate.
You may be asking yourself, "Self. Why did she post a picture of a dirty dinner plate."
Cause dinner was that good.
And I had to prove my point.

We have been eating dinner out on the back porch the last couple of weeks. The weather has been awesome...so we are taking advantage of it.
Cause once summer comes, it'll be air conditioned quarters for us!
Charlie insisted he have two utensils to eat with.
Maybe so he could shovel the food in faster...
maybe just so he'd have something in each hand, which is usually the case for anything.

Um, hi.
Yes, I did birth this freakish individual.
Yes, I claim him.
No, I don't understand him...yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

laugh, laugh,laugh!!! You tell Jackson he cracks his nonna up! I love the face. And I love seeing him planting seeds and watching them grow. Charlie is a nut. I'd hold him all the time if he would let me! Miss you all!!! Love Nonna

Kim said...

Send me your dinner recipe!!!
Courtney is growing seeds too, although we are on our second batch. Mommy just doesn't have that green thumb! Love ya!