Tuesday, March 24, 2009

rainy days & sunny days

Today was a rainy day. James didn't even go to work. It was a good staying at home day or as James would say, "A good baby makin' day." Ha. FYI: There were no babies being made today in the Gilmore household.

James and Jackson have been wanting a tent so they can "camp out" in the back yard. We found a cool one at Wal-Mart and Jackson insisted on putting it up when we got home. Since it was raining outside, we improvised. Jackson and James both napped in it all afternoon.




Charlie thinks it's pretty cool. The boys have their toys in there and it's been the hit of the afternoon. Thank goodness!


************************************

After school on Monday, Jackson wanted to draw. He wrote everyone's names that we knew.


And now we must pick up some more of those color sticks next time we're at the store...cause he used them all up!

Getting serious on the kitchen table. He told me that Champs last name was Gilmore and Stella cat's last name was Gilmore too. Oh, and Lana Gilmore...


***********************************

Speaking of Aunt Lana, she popped in the door one day this week with a new pool! The boys were jumping with excitement as she pulled it out of the box. I was secretly jumping for joy too as I thought: "This will be great this summer when I don't feel like lugging the boys and huge bag of toys to the pool, and a lunchbox and towels...etc". You get the picture. It ended up being like a 3 foot wide pool..haha, I can't see myself plopping down in the baby pool with both kids. It wouldn't work out too well. But they love it and ripped their clothes off as soon as Lana filled it up. Fun!



What have we here?

I love the summertime....and it's coming!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't figure out why it was so stinkin cheap! Guess I should have looked at the size??
Aunt Lana Gilmore...ha!

Anonymous said...

Wish I were there to jump in! Maybe that would send my cold, or allergies, or whatever I have packin'! Love the pics. By the way, what did Charlie find on his finger? Just wondering. Love, Nonna