Sunday, March 15, 2009

Jackson's 4th Birthday Party!

Jackson wanted a "Diego" party this year. This posed but one problem. I don't know how to make a "Diego" cake. Good thing Aunt Lana was around (and Lenzy)! We whipped it out like we were professional cake decorators...



James had to supervise. At one point I thought Jackson might take one look at his cake and proclaim, "but I didn't want a Little Bill cake! I wanted a Diego cake!" (For those of you who don't know Little Bill, he's the main character on Bill Cosby's cartoon show "Little Bill." And at one point, I thought it was a Little Bill cake...

Oh yes, Lana freehanded Diego. I told her she'll be a seasoned cake decorator by the time she has kids of her own. Her response: "Ha. I'll be paying someone else to decorate my kid's cake." Sweet Lana.

We didn't even realize our shirts matched until James took a pic of us. We were having serious discussions over Diego.


We (Lana & Lenzy) finished up the cake around 10:30pm and we were off to bed. The party started at 10am the next morning. Rain was in the forecast. I didn't have a plan B. So I prayed.

And it worked. (Thanks God). As soon as we loaded up the car to leave, it began to sprinkle. And that was ok with me.

Jackson & his Grandma

Happy birthday boy

Charlie loves balloons

James got to invite his friend too....so he'd have someone to play with :)


Emma playing on the spin seat.

Happy Mr. Nick

Miss Kendall
Zach going down the slide

"Mc-Drooly"




This is happy Nick's baby brother, Alex....he was having himself some fun!

Grub time!
On the menu: Chick-fil-A nuggets
pb & J sandwiches
pretzels
cheetos
juice boxes
(Easy!)

This is the cutest face...Beth, I'll have to print you a copy!

*****
Here's THE Diego cake. Turned out prett darn good.


(He LOVED his birthday cake)

Jackson & Christian

A healthy lunch of cheetos...the it's present time!

All the kids gathered around

I was very proud of my son. He told EVERYONE thank you for his party and his presents. I love me some good manners....Happy Birthday Jackson!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kudos on the amazing Diego cake girls! Wish we could have been there. Happy Birthday Jackson. Love ya!