Saturday, December 6, 2008

TREE SHOPPING and BAKE FLOPPING

Tuesday night we headed to the local Home Depot to pick ourselves up a Christmas tree. In the past, our Christmas tree shopping experiences haven't exactly been pleasant. If you recall, last year we drove around Mississippi for two hours looking for a tree farm that didn't exist anymore. Oh, and when we did finally get a tree (at Home Depot), it died during our move at this time last year. The year before that, James and I headed out on what we thought was going to be a "we'll be right back, just picking up a tree" kinda experience. After SIX stops, we (James) finally decided on a tree. He wasn't going to spend over $50 on a tree and around here that was hard to do considering we wanted a 12 foot tree that year...Needless to say, we found one this year. And it only took two stores to find the tree that was coming home with us.

It was freezing (literally) on Tuesday night at Home Depot. We walked right in and I found our tree on the first try. Here's me surveying it closely....I had to do the "walk-around".


Sold! We are happy campers! Let's get this baby home and decorate it!


Jackson making funny faces :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
This afternoon Jackson and I decided to bake while Charlie napped. I found a recipe for Pumpkin Muffins and had everything I needed for them in the pantry. AND I thought it would really make the house smell yummy...
Jackson got his own bowl of flour and utensils to play with. He stirred and stirred and measured and had a blast. I looked the other direction as flour came flying from his bowl onto everything in a 3 foot radius of him....(good job me, I'm proud for not getting upset about some flour all over my kitchen:)


I did ask that he keep the flour in his bowl. But that's just no fun!
As my yummy smelling muffins were baking away in the oven, I attempted to clean up Jackson's mess...

Flour tossed all over the floor!
And you better believe I made him clean up his own mess! The muffins were a disaster. They ended up being doughy, dense, and weighing about 5 pounds each. I think someone might have left out baking soda or something. I was bummed cause I was looking for an afternoon snack and got nothing. I'd share the recipe with you all but I don't think you want to be as disappointed as I was. If you have a good pumpkin muffin recipe, do share!


Merry Christmas from Jackson's behind!

No comments: