Friday, October 24, 2008

Spooktacular 2008

A Halloween 2008 preview. Tonight we dressed the boys up and went to "Spooktacular" at our gym. They had costume contests, rock walls, trick or treating, inflatables, train rides, and lots of games. It was nice and cool outside so it was the perfect fall evening.



Introducing our little puppy dog...

And Lightning McQueen the race car driver himself...


My boys...aren't I a lucky girl!

This little puppy dog was playing on the inflatable slide and rolling down it.

They had a trick or treat village that was set up like miniature buildings and the kids went around with their baskets. It was a cute idea!

Jackson climbing the inflatable slide...there were too many "big kids" and he was getting pushed out of the way....on to the train rides and games.

Charlie was walking (well, trying to in his costume and he fell). He left behind his cute little handprint on the ground and got a skinned up nose :(

Waiting in the looooong line for a train ride...

Jackson kept talking in his radio to his "pretend" whoever.....he LOVES his costume!

They had a bug station set up from the Audubon Zoo in New Orleans and had some crazy looking, nasty bugs....Jackson didn't want to touch any of them and neither did I! Moving on...quickly.

Gone fishin' and won a sticker!
We finally got to take a train ride after 15 minutes in line waiting. Our camera man was the "train driver" (obviously a teenager) and he was texting on his phone the whole time while driving our precious cargo around the parking lot. I was annoyed....
The boys had fun and we were glad that we got to do this because James and I aren't going to be in town for Halloween next weekend so we have to rely on Grandma and friends to take the boys trick or treating.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh do I miss my boys and girls! Wish I could go trick or treating with them or they could come by my house. Oh well. Enjoyed the pics!

Nanna

Anonymous said...

OMG, the boys are so freaking adorable. I love their costumes and they so fit the part!
lindsey

melanie said...

HEY...how many weekends away do you get??? Can Dan and I come and leave our kids with Grandma? :)

The boys look cute. And so do you. I love the "annoyed mom" comment with the teen driving and texting...HA! Man we are getting old since we are complaining about the darn teenagers. (I do it too!)