Saturday, October 11, 2008

A Southern Pumpkin Festival

Since my mom is in town, and we didn't get to go to the REEGER's Pumpkin Festival this year (BIG frowny face), we loaded up the kids and went to the Red Bluff Farm Pumpkin Festival . It was about 20 minutes north of where we live and I guess you could say it was worth the drive....it was no REEGER's Pumpkin Festvial though...

Charlie found some pumpkins and let me have a little photo op session.

So did Jackson!
We all had on our LSU gear for the game Saturday night
I don't want to talk about it...big letdown:(

Jackson grinded the kernels off the corn cob.
And this is his friend, NICK, who thought it was pretty fun too!

the boys eyed up this bright red tractor from across the way and "drove" it for a while

Then it was on to the petting zoo area where we found pigs, goats and peeps running around.

I couldn't help myself when I found this pretty patch of purple flowers. Charlie didn't feel like passing out smiles though...

Charlie and Aunt Lana...I'm telling you, we ALL had on our LSU garb!

I love sunflowers...

And I LOVE this sweet baby face.
This "photo op" didn't work out so well. I have a scary feeling that this is going to be a preview of what the 2008 Gilmore Christmas photo is going to be like. Lots of candy will have to be passed out to get a certain 3 year old to cooperate....You'll see come December...

Jackson and Nick found this cool teepee and played for a little while.
This is Nick's sweet baby brother, Alex.
They were running....
Here's where the morning went sour. We waited and waited and waited for a stinkin' hayride. Kids got antsy, babies were crying, adults were hot. We ended up aborting the mission and went for lunch then home for naps. Thanks for meeting us there Beth! At least the boys got to run around and play for a little while!
I love my babies feet. I love to kiss their sweet (clean) feet. I hate adult feet. I don't want to touch them (even James' feet). But I do LOVE my babies feet.
Chunky monkey takin a walk waiting for the hayride that never was...
It was a good morning. I'm glad my mom and sister were there....I wasn't too interested in anything but my bed that morning. But the boys had fun. And they were outside which is always right up their alley! And WHY did it have to be so stinkin' hot?? I wish we were at the farm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You look GREAT Jess! As always your beautiful self. Happy Birthday James! Oh NO The big 3-0!! We cant wait to see you both this weekend! Lots of love.