Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Kid-Free Weekend

And boy was it NICE. My friend, Julie got married this past weekend in Destin....and we got to sneak away for 4 glorious days. All of my girlfriends were there (as you'll see in the pictures) and we had a blast. This was the first time since before Charlie was born that we have gone away by ourselves, and after this weekend, we remember how important it is for us to do it more often....and I think we will!


My friend Ronni and me :)
(preggers) Lindsey, Michelle, Ronni and me
Ray (Lindsey's husband), Nick (the Groom), and James (the love of my life:)

Here we all are...(not the greatest picture) with Julie. I went to high school with all of these girls and we have been close ever since. Such a blessing all of them are to me!
This little horseshoe charm is a TRADITION started at my wedding. My mom bought this for me to carry in my bouquet and since I've decided to pass it down to each of my girlfriends when they got married. Kim was after me, then Lindsey and now Julie. Three more to go! It's such a special little thing that we're doing and more sentimental than anything.
Katie, Lindsey, Kim, Bert (Michelle)
The view from the porch of the ceremony site. It was a beautiful wedding and perfect weather. Crouching tiger hidden cutie....

Julie's nieces.....they are precious!
Daddy Huck and Julie....I love how he is looking at her. sweet.
The ceremony. Short and sweet. As all of them should be :

Alas! Mr. and Mrs. Nick Curry....Congrats!!
Steve, James, Ray....football on their minds.
Ronni, Michelle, Me
The Bride has arrived in our hotel room. It seemed to be the gathering spot of all of us this weekend. I brought the Ipod docking station....dance party anyone??
I realized there were hardly any pics of the two of us together. So we tried to take one ourselves.....didn't work out too well. Someone's a camera HOG!


Lindsey and James

Michelle, Me, Lindsey...At dinner Sunday night. We stayed at The Destin Beachside Inn and they had a surprisingly amazing restaurant and sushi bar inside the hotel. We ate there for many meals. The food was excellent at the reception and the sushi was some of the best I've had.
Everyone lined up at the sushi bar waiting for some rolls! Michelle, Lindsey, Kim, Katie Lindsey, Ray, James and I drove to Destin from our house and got there around noon on Friday. Everyone had already congregated at the beach, so that's where we headed. The guys decided to go golfing that afternoon and us girls laid on the beach then went to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants in Destin at Beach Walk Cafe, which was only about a block away! Julie and Nick were having a "poolside" welcome from 7-9 that evening and it worked out perfectly for us to grab some dinner before it began. We dined outdoors mostly...till the wind picked up and we all got cold and moved indoors.


James and us girls at the "poolside" welcome. (Michelle: No one looks meloncholy in this picture:)
Michelle and me...I'm trying to keep my massive bagel sandwich out of the picture. (I see that didn't happen).



Sunday morning Lindsey and Ray, and James and me, were scheduled to have couples massages. James and Ray decided a round of golf would be more fun...so they backed out. But that was ok because Ronni and Michelle took their places and us girls spent the morning at the spa together. It was relaxing and fun. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me :(



When we got back to the hotel, everyone had gathered at O'Quigley's Sports Bar to watch the Steeler game. I've never seen so many Steeler fans in Florida....it was great. Sunday night turned into one of those surprisingly fun nights. It started out with sushi for dinner at the hotel. Everyone was dragging and tired from the weekend. (One telltale sign that we are getting OLD). So we were tossing around ideas for something to do that night. Most of us wanted to just put comfy clothes on and lounge around....but one brilliant mind came up with going across the street to Hard Rock Cafe. There was a Books-A-Million store next door so the girls decided to buy a board game and we played it in Hard Rock while the guys watched a baseball game. It was SO fun!!! They had to kick us out of there so that they could close. (Just in case you're wondering, the game we bought was "I never" which made for some interesting conversation!!!)

Ronni and myself...again.
Here we all are, again. Me, Lindsey, Kim, Katie, Michelle, Ronni after the wedding. Over the years we have SO many pictures of all of us girls. I'd like to make a photo album of just pictures of all of us posed just like this....they would fill up an album, I'm sure of it.
Michelle, Ronni, Julie's Dad, (Bill), and myself. It was cold and rainy that night. But Daddy Huck kept us warm :)
Thank you girls for such a fun weekend. Same time and place next year anyone??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say, same time,same place next year. I'll bring the IPOD and the Firefly, you bring the dock and a spot for a couples massage..and it's ON.

I had a wonderful time, I can't wait to see you again.

Love you!!!!

Ronni

Anonymous said...

I'm IN!!!!! So much fun! Love you!