Monday, October 13, 2008

The BIG 3-0!

Oh no, it wasn't my birthday. I've still got two loooong years before I hit 30. Today is James' 30th birthday! We began the celebration on Saturday night with a surprise dinner party at Keith Young's Steakhouse. It was an intimate party of 8 and James was SO surprised! We got to sit in the wine room which was beautiful, and the LSU game was on right around the corner in the bar.




Micah and James. As always, his phone was ringing off the hook...


Me and my hubby :)




Here we all are. It was such a fun night. And I LOVE a good surprise!




Today my mom and I were workhorses. I am serious when I say we didn't sit down once, except for lunch or in the car. It was a busy day. First of all, we decided to "organize" the playroom. We went to Target and bought shelves and baskets and everything one might need to organize the plethora of toys the boys possess. I didn't take a pic, but I will try to post one soon. Then we made James' THIRD birthday cake (sheesh) and his birthday dinner while cleaning the house (because my friends Lindsey & Ray are coming into town tomorrow from Pa and staying with us til we all go to Destin on Friday) and my house had been overtaken with dog and cat hair and it's out of control. I am pooped. We had Shrimp and Grits for dinner and it was o so yummy. And I made a from scratch coconut cake that was (and still is) to die for since there's half a cake sittin in the kitchen screamin' my name...Jackson told James that he needed a chainsaw birthday cake. I almost called my friend Tracey, the cake queen, for some chainsaw birthday cake tips, but decided I had squeezed enough into my day already. I gotta go to bed. Happy Birthday my love!








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

something you might find helpful for organizing the boys' toys:
KidsKlutterKatchers.com