Friday, June 20, 2008

Up to no good

I haven't posted pics of the boys lately so I thought this would be a good time. They are so funny to watch together...and I know it's just going to get more comical as they get older. Charlie's face lights up everytime he sees Jackson and Jackson is very good with him.

They're lounging in their chairs watching Baby Einsten...while mommy gets something done!

----------------------------------------------------------




We went outside after dinner the other night and James and I sat and watched them play with the hose. Jackson had tons of fun spraying his brother and Charlie didn't seem to mind at all!

Champ had to get in on the action since water was involved and he lucked out and got a bath out of the situation....

baby mohawk!


He's so cute...and growing up too fast.


We made the rule "not in the face" and it worked out pretty well. As you can see in the picture, Charlie's the only one that got wet..he'll get his revenge some sweet day.

splashing in the walker. It worked out well, the walker needed a "bath" as bad as Champ did!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Charlie likes to mosey into Jackson's room and pull books out of his bookshelf one by one. This will keep him entertained for a good 20 minutes, but in the end it's me that is left behind to clean up. Some days I feel like all I do is go behind the kids and pickup after them. Jackson is pretty good about picking up, but Charlie is into EVERYTHING. I'm going to have to childlock every cabinet door in the kitchen because Charlie opens them all and pulls everything out.

Checking out his work...

In the end, he polished off that shelf...he was headed for the bottom shelf until I stepped in. I had had enough.


------------------------------------------------------------


So my mom sends the boys those cards that play music in the mail all the time. She started sending them to Jackson last year and they continue to roll in. The boys love them and play with them all the time. Our favorite one is actually the first one she ever sent to Jackson. It's called the hampster dance card...and if you haven't seen it, go searching for it at your local greeting card store. It's hilarious and we've (James included) been known to break it down and dance to it. One of us will hold the card and everyone else will dance. It's good times...

We wore out the original hampster dance card so Nana sent us a new one (by request of course) a couple of weeks ago.

Charlie pounding on the table, I believe he's playing "I can't get no satisfaction" by the rolling stones...hahaha


-------------------------------------------------------------



I picked these cute little leggings up at Target the other day for Charlie. I have seen them many times at Target and just thought, "He doesn't need those." Which is true. But I broke down and bought them the other day. I had noticed that his little knees were getting kind of callousy so I thought these would fix that problem, plus they are so darn cute on his chunks. Not that he is a normal crawler...he still does the "army crawl." I don't know that he'll ever pick that gut up off the floor and go. He prefers to glide across the floor...





Jackson likes to imitate Charlie and crawl like he does...


-------------------------------------------------------------------



Today we went to the Mandeville Trailhead
and met up with Jackson's friend, Nick, and his mom and baby brother, to play at the interactive fountains. We did this last week and had a great time. It's a good place to take the kids so they can run around for a couple hours and then go home because a nap is a sure thing after all that fun in the sun!



Nick and Jackson playing


Charlie getting in on the action in the baby sprinkler. His excitement lasted only a couple of minutes and then he was done.
So that's what we've been up to lately. Besides James, Lana and my little stomach bug earlier in the week...at least the boys didn't get it. Yet.

2 comments:

melanie said...

Are this pics from your new camera? So good! Your boys are so cute. And you take such great pics! I love the leggings...we have some...don them often. :) Isaac is all in the cabinets too. One day I heard him screaming...not a blood curdling...just "AHHHH" out of anger...and his little chubby fingers were smashed in a cabinet door...by his own body weight. I pulled them out and he just scowled at me. HA!

Love the blog. Keep it up!

Oh and we just got our first singing card (sent to me on my bday..but for daisy). Its the chicken dance and she LOVES it. :) Wonder where mom got the idea?? :)

Laura said...

Gosh, Charlie and Jackson are getting so big! And they look so much alike to me. Have fun on all of your trips you have coming up! Looks like you guys are going to be quite busy! I know I always say this, but we still need to come down and see you guys. I bet Charlie and Brody would play good together. But by the looks of it, we may have to wait until next year...lol.