Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

This Father's Day was extra special. I've been saving my babysitting money and bought James a new grill for Father's Day. I got our friend, Hern, to pick it up at Lowe's and stash it in our backyard til this morning. It worked out perfectly. This morning Lana helped me move it to the "grill spot" to replace the old one....let me tell you, we were in dire need of a new grill. The old one was so bad you had to remove the grates to light it and stand way back and dodge flames so your eyebrows didn't catch on fire. Yeah, it was that bad. Needless to say, James loved it...he had actual tears in his eyes when he saw it! It's got all the bells and whistles on it. We got him new grill gadgets/tools/etc. It was fun. I love giving gifts. Especially ones that you know are a real surprise!
We went to church and came home and ate sandwiches then headed to the pool. Lana and Charlie stayed home and napped so I actually got to lay on a lounge chair and get some sun...alone...relaxed...uninterrupted..it was awesome! Jackson and James swam the whole time. Jackson is really getting brave in the pool. He jumps off the side and swims to one of us. We haven't put him in swimming lessons yet, that's next year. But he's doing a great job on his own.
Then it started to rain so we packed up and headed back home. James and Jackson fell asleep watching racing on tv and as I contemplated a nap, Charlie woke up...so there went that idea. Always seems to happen like that. Oh well.
We decided to go to dinner tonight at Houston's across the lake where Lana works and visit her. The Pagliarulo's went and we had a nice dinner. We've never had a bad meal at Houston's! So we got back home around 8 and now I'm taking advantage of the peace and quiet. The kids are in bed and James fell asleep in Jackson's bed I think, so now I've got to go fish him out of there. Hope everyone had a fun Father's Day!

No comments: