Monday, April 21, 2008

The sweetest thing

I'm procrastinating. I am supposed to be packing because we are leaving for Pennsylvania tomorrow, and I just can't kick it in gear. I've decided I NEED to post a blog instead. Right this minute. I know I will have lots of pics from our trip and don't want to get behind with that. We will be at my mom's for a week-and I am soooo looking forward to it. We'll get to visit the fam, I won't have to bathe my kids for a week, meet my cousin's new baby-Carter, go shopping with mom :), see all of my friends in Pittsburgh, get a massage (courtesy of mom), hang out at the farm, let Nanna take care of the kids, etc.....! Who wouldn't love that? Aren't moms great? Lana will be flying up next weekend too, and Beau moved to Pa a couple of weeks ago, so the whole fam with be together....and Beau's girlfriend, Holly, will be in town...and she's too much fun! Break out the scrabble table mom!
Enjoy the random pictures I've posted. And they are random!
Here's our stud muffin ready for church Sunday morning. He likes to wet his hair in the sink and then Daddy spikes it for him. GQ!


Jackson and his lady friend, Katie, from down the street. She is a year older than Jackson and they play very well together. She lives a couple of houses down from us and have a great time together.

Charlie got a walker the other night! We think Jackson enjoys it more than Charlie does. He likes to push him all over the place.



Charlie man is sitting up! And he said his first word the other day! Guess what it was?? "Momma" :) Made me grin from ear to ear! He says it all the time..."mom mom mom mom...it's the sweetest thing. I can hear him from his crib when he wakes in the morning saying it, like he's calling me to come and pick him up!

Well this picture pretty much sums up what Jackson looks like playing soccer. He had his soccer cleats on and was looking at the divots the spikes made in the ground. Forget that a soccer game was going on around him! His coaches called him "fancy feet" last week...he had a fancy "shuffle" move he did with his feet before he kicked the ball. It was funny.

Yes, Charlie fell asleep sucking his water bottle after I fed him the other day. I almost just let him take a nap in his highchair, but I moved him to his bed. He was a mess...and so tired!

Jackson has been waiting for the day when Charlie could take a bath with him. He was so excited to play with him in the bathtub. Charlie is still a little unsteady sitting up so we've got to keep a close hand on him so he doesn't take a nosedive into the water.


Jackson always askes if he can "give Charlie a bite"....and it's always a mess that ends up on his bib/face/neck. But I let him do it and everyone's happy!

Meet my eldest son, my personal "pooper scooper!" I've trained him well! Charlie and I scope out the "landmines" in the yard and Jackson comes and scoops the poop into a pile by the back fence. After we have completed the job, I'll go back and toss the pile over the fence! It's really working out for me!


He prefers to do the dirty work in his tighty whitey

Alright, everyone say a prayer for Jessica tonight. I am flying with two children tomorrow. Enough said.

Coming up next: Greetings from Pa!





1 comment:

melanie said...

LOVE THE PICS....love the comments. I was cracking up at this beatiful pond scene, trees reflecting in the water...and Jacksons bum! HA! You should turn it to black and white so its a little less noticable...frame it and place it over your potty in the guest bath. Then see who notices it. :)

btw...some of your words are some how cut off by your pics. weird.

LOVE THE BLOG.