Monday, April 28, 2008

the rest of the trip


This posting is random. We just snapped pictures all week and I'll try to fill you in on what we were up to! I am packing and doing laundry (I don't like to travel with dirty laundry) and the kids are winding down for the day. I was trying to download pics from my mom's camera, cause it's way better than mine, and Lana's like, "I'll take care of the kids! You just blog!"
Charlie is driving the car here. jk, the car is in park. I am not pulling a Britney.
He was having too much fun! It got cold here yesterday. Like the high today was 49 degrees! That's chilly, plus factor in the rain.


I have some sad news to report. Charlie has weaned himself of me. And I am taking it personally. All of a sudden this week he decided he no longer needs my milk, at least from the source. He'll take a bottle of it, but I seem to be lacking in the milk production department lately and it's just not cutting it for him. SOOOOOO, today I had to give him the "f" word. Formula. And he loves it. And I am sad. I feel as if there is some sort of detachment from him. I knew this day was coming...just didn't think it would be so soon :(



Yesterday we (me, Lana, Mom, Steve, Beau and his girlfriend, Holly) all went to Pittsburgh for dinner to celebrate mom's birthday. She didn't know what was going on and started assigning people to cars...we just snickered. And then this monstrosity pulls up. It was TOO fun! We went to a restaurant called Hyde Park Steakhouse. (www.hydeparkrestaurants.com) I don't know how to do the link where you just click on the name...(any help Mel would be greatly appreciated.) Anywho, it was fabulous! Excellent food, atmosphere, etc...



This is Beau's girlfriend, Holly. We love her and she's a great addition to our fam. She is pointing out the fact that we had a FIREPLACE and 42" flatscreen tv in our hummer! We couldn't get over it...so we made a big deal out of it. The leopard seats were a nice touch too...haha



Beau and Holly...aren't they a cute couple?

On our way back home..Lana and I were "warming ourselves" by the fire!

Maggie and Charlie at the market

The boys and I made "stepping stones" for mom for her birthday to put in her flower beds. It was a fun project. All you have to do is mix the concrete then pour it into the molds and decorate any way you like. Of course my mom loved them when we gave them to her!



Here's Jackson's final product. He decorated his all by himself! On Charlie's square I imprinted his little feet. It's so cute..I didn't get a pic of his though.


Aunt Barb and Charlie at the market.

Maggie and Molly tickling Jackson on the couch at the market. He loves these two and makes them cart him all over the farm. He gets confused and asks to go to the barn but says farm instead. He hasn't gotten the fact that the barn is at the farm...a little confusing for a 3 year old!

The girls drew Jackson a hopscotch on the floor and then when they were bored with that he asked them to draw a line....because he wanted to race as you can see in this picture. He'll say, "ready, set, GO!" He's running so fast his shoe flew off.

Still racing....

Today we had lunch with Steve's mom and sister and brother-in-law. This is George and Charlie meeting for the first time.



Then we went to Steve's coal mine and Jackson got to ride a BIG TRACTOR with Tom, one of Steve's co-workers/close friend. He took him up to the coal mine and on a tour of the land. Jackson came back with a big smile on his face!




Big smile above!


This was the car ride home from our busy day today. Even Auntie Lana fell asleep!


And this is what I found in my bed when I went in the room the other night. He was exhausted! And so heavy to move!
We are going back home tomorrow. It's been another great visit, thanks Mom :)
Jackson can't wait to see his Daddy and tell him all of the fun things he has gotten to do.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Real nice. By the way, thanks for snapping a picture when I wasn't drooling! Excellent trip!

L