Friday, April 25, 2008

mid-visit update

Hello from Pa! The kids and I have been here since Tuesday and have been going nonstop as usual. I figured I should post a blog mid-visit or I will really have my hands full when I get home. First of all, the weather has been perfect and Charlie has been sleeping like 12 1/2 hours straight a night since he's been here!! Those are the two things that I was excited to announce.
We met my cousin, Chelsea and her baby Carter, and my friend Kim and her daughter Courtney, at the playground yesterday afternoon so the kids could play. It was nice to visit with them and have "mommy talk."






This ladder was like 9 feet up in the air and Jackson crawled up it like a champ. Made me super nervous cause the last thing I need is a broken limb, but he's pretty agile and conquered the ladder with total confidence! Look at that proud face :)

We were just excited that it was so beautful outside. Chelsea brought dinner and we had a great time.


Here's Mr. Carter checking out the world from his stroller. He's so sweet. You should hear him when he is nursing....it's the funniest thing the noises he makes!

Charlie enjoying a Cheerios snack in the stroller!

Baby Carter giving his mamma heck...that lower lip is about to protrude!





Courtney saying "hi." Kim taught her baby sign language. I am very interested in learning it so I can teach Charlie. It's so cool to watch her talk to Courtney and Courtney answer her with a sign.


Charlie and Carter meeting for the first time. They are 6 months apart. Charlie wasn't feelin it.

My sweet baby sitting in the grass. He had his hands up "girlie style" because he didn't want to touch the grass. This dandelion was interesting enough though.

Jackson, Charlie and I went out to pick asparagus on Wednesday. It's just the beginnings of the season and they aren't selling it at the market yet, but we got the first pick! I taught Jackson how to pick it, and he had so much fun. Not that he would even try asparagus, but it's one of my favs. Isn't this a cool picture? You can see the market, barn and shop in the background.

I love being out in the field. It's so peaceful and calming. Ask me that question about 12 years ago and my answer would have been totally different. I used to hate to pick vegetables...

We're heading back in...

We got much more asparagus than this...this is just what Jackson picked himself. Aunt Mary, you've got yourself another picker!


Jackson asked if we could go feed the fish...so we did. We took a stale loaf of bread and walked to the pond. We saw some huge catfish in the pond!

I love this picture. The water is so calm...but not for long.


What a face!

I contemplated posting this picture of my son's naked rear. But for all of those who are around Jackson alot, this is what you will see. Everywhere you go. The kid likes to relieve himself in the great outdoors. He'll pull his pants down just about anywhere!

Feeding Aunt Mary's chickens. We've come a long way since last visit. He screamed when he met the chickens last time. Good job on getting over your fear of chickens Jackson.

...There was one chicken that got out of the fence and was loose. He didn't come to close to us, but Jackson kept a close eye on that chicken til we left.



Charlie is the king of Cheerios. He loves them (what kid doesn't, I know) but he will eat them and eat them until you cut him off!

These Diego gloves; a gift from Nanna. They haven't come off the kid's hands since he got them except to eat and go to the bathroom, and that's only because I make him take them off. It's funny..who would have thought a pair of gloves would be such a hit with a 3 year old. That's one thing I love about kids. They are so unpredictable! They are so easy to please! I need to have more enthusiasm like that! I guess I kinda do..especially when I go to like Banana Republic and they're having a sale...

Nanna and Charlie. Mom bought him a book called "Charlie Monkey" and it's so cute. It's about these animals from far off places with funny faces and when you open the last page these little flies are buzzing around and make a cute noise. Talk to you soon!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Jess, looks like you guys are having fun! I love seeing all the pics of your boys, and I cannot believe Charlie is getting so big. Is he crawling yet? BTW, I can definately see your mom in both boys. I have never noticed before, but in that last pic of her, I can def see it. Have fun!!

Wesley Baan said...

I really like your photos.
I come from Indonesia.
my name wesley
send me your next picture at wesley-vanBaan@gmail.comBy the way What is the name of your children?