Monday, March 3, 2008

this-n-that

Life's good. No really, it is. I wouldn't change my position for a million dollars. I love being a stay at home mom. I love taking care of my kids. I love "playing house" and cooking dinner for my husband daily. Sometimes it just gets so mundane. I get bored easily. I've got a friend, Beth, who has a child Jackson's age and we go to the playground just about every Tuesday and pack a picnic lunch. It's fun and I look forward to it every time it comes around. She's having a baby this week by the way! So, I guess that means our playdate is out for this week?....you better be there next week Beth! (jk, sorta)....I just need to find fun things and "free" things for the kids and I to do during the week. The pool will be open soon so that's always an option! My white as snow legs could use some sunshine anyways.

This weekend was absolutely beautiful. The weather couldn't have been nicer. I felt like we lived in San Diego for 3 days...warm, sunny and NO humidity! We took advantage of it every day. Saturday the fam went to the lakefront and played. Jackson and Charlie swang in the swingset and we just enjoyed the view and being outside. Afterwards, we walked to a restaurant called Lucy's and dined outdoors...lovely Saturday if you ask me! Sorry I forgot to bring my camera along!

Jackson has a croupy cough so I had to keep him home from school today....bummer for me.

Congrats to my cousin Chelsea and her husband Jason on their baby boy, Carter, who was born on Friday! I can't wait to see him!! She is going to be a GREAT mom...maybe I can get her to start blogging so we all can see what Carter is up to on a daily basis.




Sorry everyone...I totally slacked in the picture taking department this week! I did get one of Mr. Charlie napping. He is OUT! And the sleeping at night has gotten much better too! Our routine is getting much more predictable and I'm trying to stick to a schedule. He's in bed by 8 at night and wakes at 5am for a feeding then goes back to sleep til 8. He's still napping 2 times a day and thoroughly enjoying his baby food :) Hope everyone has a BLESSED week!

1 comment:

melanie said...

Jackson looks like Charlie in this pic! Sounds like a fun weekend. Wish I lived there so we could hang out!

mel