Monday, March 17, 2008

Jackson-isms

wow, it's been a long time since I last blogged. I've got oodles of pics to share and updates galore! Jackson had a birthday on Sunday, Lana has been to visit, Grandma has been to visit, Charlie got 5 pounds heavier, we've had 3 Easter egg hunts already (and it's not even Easter yet)...you get the picture.

I wanted to do a blog specifically for the funny things Jackson is saying these days that keeps us parents laughing...Jackson-isms I guess...plus I tend to forget things rather easily these days unless I write them down...so I'm sorry to say that I won't be able to remember them all, but they do change daily and things stay pretty interesting in the Gilmore household with a 3 year old and a 6 1/2 month old who loves watching his big brother do anything and everything!


  1. Jackson says "Do what?" For those who aren't southern, let me explain. It's the same phrase one would use to say "What?" but us southerners like to add "do" in front of "what"...I don't know why. Example: "Jackson, will you put your shoes in your room please?" Jackson: "Do what?" It's soooo funny and he'll repeat the "do what" several times. Lana and I have caught ourselves using this saying many times...

  2. Lana had a box of tampons on the back of the toilet and Jackson asked me if they were food....hahaha

  3. Jackson will lock the door now when he "goes to the bathroom." It's kinda frightening to me. I'm scared of what I will find when he does open the door. He doesn't exactly have great bathroom ettiquette. One time he opened the door and I found...wait, I think I'll spare you the details. It was pretty nasty. Let's just say it required Mom wearing rubber gloves...that's serious.

  4. What 3 year old do you know that sings "The Old Rugged Cross?" It's on his kids praise CD that we listen to in the car and he belts that one out like a pro. LOVE IT!

  5. Jackson LOVES coffee. James and I drink it every morning and he's been known to swipe one of our coffee mugs and chug. We don't let him drink it...just a sip, and he'll say "mmm, das good."

  6. If I am trying to get Jackson to do something, or we're out playing and need to go inside or are at the playground and I'm trying to avoid a meltdown by saying, "It's time to go home", all I have to do is say, "Let's go see if Diego is on tv"....that gets his attention EVERY TIME! It's working out great for me :)

Well, that's all for now. I'm sure more will come to mind later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of my personal favorites is when Jackson asks me, "Are you big?" If it weren't coming from that sweet boy, I might be offended!

Lana