Monday, February 18, 2008

break on through...to the other side

Ladies and Gentlemen....Mr. Charlie has a tooth!! (well, the top of a tooth) It FINALLY came through after many cranky days AND NIGHTS. I've already started trembling in fear when it comes time to nurse my toothy infant. God have mercy on me :)
He's taken a liking to his rice cereal now. And his applesauce. He lets out this loud cranky sound when I'm not moving at his pace at feeding time. I have to keep that spoon moving! After every bite he sticks his two middle fingers in his mouth and sucks for a minute, then he's ready for another bite. It's cute....but extremely messy.

Charlie and Jackson watchin "Air Buddies." (for those of you who noticed, this is an older picture...prior to Charlie's first haircut). I slacked in the picture taking department this week so I don't have many new pics. Will work on that for next week!
This was James and my "date night" when my mom was here. There's not many photos of us that are nice anymore...not to mention where I have makeup on and my hair is did.
Conked out in his bouncy...look how cute those lips are!
This is Miss Stella, Lana's new cat. She came to visit and truly enjoyed herself. Jackson LOVES her and never stopped playing with her once while she was here. She has sparked an interest in James to adopt one. Cool!

Look what I found on the couch the other day!! I don't know how one just falls over and goes to sleep (maybe he had a case of narcolepsy (sp?) that day.....haha I laughed so hard.
um, Jackson was "playing" with Champ's dog food.
Please ignore my messy pantry shelves! I think Jackson looks like his daddy in this picture.
My boys :)
What a face!
James' Mom and sister came to visit us this past weekend. We had a good visit and James and I even got to go out to dinner Saturday night all by ourselves! We opted for sushi...which we usually do. It was an enjoyable evening :) and weekend.
Today I helped clean a family's house all day. The 8 year old little girl, Gabby, has stomach cancer and has been hospitalized for some time now. The mother is staying with her in the hospital and the dad is at home with the other 2 daughters. Their house is a MESS! Could you imagine your husband cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, homework, taking care of 2 kids on a regular basis all the time; not to mention with a full time job? Let's just say this family needs all the help they can get. Some ladies from our church have been going over and doing laundry and cleaning their house for a couple of weeks now. A couple of weeks ago a toilet in their upstairs bathroom leaked overnight causing 2 inches of water to flood in their house and leaked downstairs.....a mess! There is also still damage to their house from the hurricane (TWO years ago) and carpets have been ripped out and not replaced. The house is in really bad shape....SO, we are nominating them for Extreme Home Makeover!!! IF Gabby ever gets to return home she needs as sterile an environment as possible, and this home doesn't provide that. I really hope we can get some help for this family. Please keep her and her family in your prayers.




1 comment:

melanie said...

hilarious. I love Jackson on the couch asleep, and the dog food. You crack me up with having your "hair did"...that is so me. :)

btw...you look great. I WANT to look like you. I have not exercised since Thanksgiving. I am dying to. I told Daniel I feel like one of those women the used to paint in renaissance that were naked on a chaise lounge that were BIG and SQUISHY and WHITE. I always thought, "why would they paint her?" Now I know...its normal. :)

and check the blog coming up on the trip...mostly good...but not at the end...

mel