Monday, August 1, 2011

Georgia Mae

Introducing our sweet baby girl
Georgia Mae.
She was born on Monday, July 25, 2011.
She weighed 8 lbs. 2 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long.
 
She is very loved by her Daddy. 
I'd say that's a beaming smile :) 
She came into this world with a healthy set of lungs!
She let everyone know she had arrived!
 
I was induced 2 days before my due date.
James and I went to the hospital Monday morning at 4 am to begin the induction.  They started the picotin drip around 6am.  I was only 2 centimeters dilated when we went in.  I began having some strong contractions right away.  At 9:45am my Dr broke my water.  He advised me to go ahead and get my epidural because he thought I was going to progress quickly, being it was my 3rd child.  I didn't argue with him one bit!  Epidural done at 10:15 and I became a happy girl.  I got checked at 10:30am  [15 minutes after epidural] and was at 4 cm.  This was good!  11:40am  I was 5cm!  At 12:15 I was having very strong contractions steadily at 3 minutes apart.  At 1pm I got checked again and I had progressed to 9 cm!  Time for the nurses and Dr. to come in and set up.  I was nervous because it was all happening so fast....
At exactly 1:20pm our Georgia was born.  I only pushed twice.  It was crazy.  It was honestly the easiest delivery.  
 
Soon our crowd in the hallway came flooding in.
Jackson and Charlie were so curious.
Charlie was instantly in her face.
Jackson was a little more reserved...but not for long. 
Look at his sweet face.
He was sooooo proud.
 
James' mom, Jo Ann, with her first Granddaughter. 
and she was my smallest baby....
AND my last!
 
The boys were watching the nurses bathe her and get her all cleaned up!
Look at those happy faces! 
Everyone said you could hear her all the way down the hallway screaming. 
She has a full head of dark hair :)
All of my babies had full heads of hair when they were born. 

Add caption

She inherited James' long legs....and feet apparently. 
She loves getting her hair washed!
They said she was so calm and relaxed when the nurse was washing her hair.
I copied the nurse at home and wash her hair like this.
I swaddle her and run her head under the facet.
Loves it.



Look at that crazy hair!
Jackson loves holding her.
And he's very gentle with her.
 
Charlie....not so much.
We can't decide who she looks like yet.
I'm still holding out hope that her eyes will be blue.
There's serious potential there too!
Jackson said she needs to have brown eyes so she can hang with the boys.
All my boys have pretty brown eyes.
I'd like to have one blue eyed child like me...we'll see!
She is perfect.
We are so happy to be home.
She's a great sleeper and is a really good baby.
I am so blessed :)

2 comments:

Laura said...

She really is beautiful!!! So happy for you guys! Hope you are adjusting well to three!

melanie said...

Jess! She is beautiful. and who was taking your pics? they did an incredible job! what precious memories they captured!