Monday, August 8, 2011

First Day of School 2011

I think I can honestly say that we all have been looking forward to this day.  It was a loooong hot summer.  I was super duper pregnant and didn't want to leave the comforts of air conditioning or my couch, to be honest, most days!  They were very excited to start school :)

Jackson's first day of FIRST grade!  
He got a new backpack and school shoes and was ready to go :)
Two of his friends from Kindergarten are in his class this year so he was happy to see some familiar faces.
Charlie was so excited to start preschool this morning too!
He will go 5 days a week from 9-1.
He's going to the same preschool he went to last year so when I picked him up this afternoon he told me all about all his "frands" he saw.
I asked him what he did in circle time today and he said, "No Mom, it's square time now."
ha.  
[follow-up:  I asked Charlie's teacher if they called it square time now and she just laughed.  She said they replaced the circle rug with a square one this year but that they still called it "circle time."  Apparently Charlie thinks otherwise...he cracks me up!]
Brothers.
Total opposites.


Georgia and I are kinda excited to be home alone ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to get there!

Laura said...

They are cute boys Jess!!! My boys are total opposites too.