Saturday, June 25, 2011

countdown to baby girl has commenced :)

The boys and I crafted today.
We made a paper chainlink to countdown to baby girl's arrival.
32 days...
32 chainlinks.
I got this idea from Christmas time when Jackson's kindergarten class made one and they counted down the days until Christmas.
It saves me a lot of repetitive conversations that go along the lines of, "Mommy, when is the baby coming?"
Sometimes I answer with, "Today I wish"

This one said he "needed" to make a funny face.
Jackson and I didn't let him get ahold of the glue stick too much.
 
Anyways, Jackson is too particular about his work and Charlie could care less.
I tend to lean towards Jackson's way of thinking in this case too.
Poor Charlie, two perfectionists at one project.
He's doomed. 
I cut the strips on my board and let Jackson glue the links all together. 
Here we have our final product!
32 chain links!
Jackson pointed at the one at the very top and said, "Mom, is this the day you will go to the hospital?"
 
I said I hope to be there much sooner than that last link.
He didn't get it.
But I know I am so ready to not be pregnant anymore.
 
I just want her in my arms.
We're all ready to meet her.
And so we wait.....

oh, and contemplate on what we shall call her besides "baby girl" for the rest of her life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss you all so much! I am so lonely. But then I count my blessings. love you all, Nonna