Thursday, December 2, 2010

Pumpkin Fest 2010

The boys and I flew up to PA for the annual Pumpkin Festival at our family's farm this year.
Yes, it took place in October.
Yes, I know it's December.
Such is life these days....
oh, and facebook doesn't help matters either!
It's much easier to post pics on facebook.
But I am doing this blog for my kids.
Someday I'll make it into a book for them.
That way it can be a keepsake and great for remembering their childhood!
I love this time of year at the farm.
Beautiful colors everywhere!
The weather was nice.
Not too hot, not too cold.

Of course, the first thing they wanted to do was go on a hayride.

We talked our cousins, Elliot and Carter into joining us!
The four of these guys together is hilarious!
Can't wait til Elliot can be more of a contributor.
[Chels, if you have anymore boys, then we're really doomed.]
Brothers :)
The sun was so bright!
Found this crazy boy in the corn bin.
Let's just say I was fishing kernels of corn out of my washing machine for weeks.....
Sweet brothers.
They really love each other.
Except for the occasional throwdown here and there ;)
Nonna and the boys.
Such a great pic!
Ok, funny story.
The weekend before we were in PA, my cousin, Steph, and her kids were in PA. She snapped a pic of my mom wearing a fanny pack [gasp!] [oh the horror]..I know what you're thinking.
She sent it to me and immediately I texted my mom and said, "Take off the fanny pack before someone gets hurt."

She didn't know that Steph and snapped a pic of her wearing the fashion faux pas and was in a little bit of shock.
Busted!

Long story short, she sported the "crossover" the following week that I was there.
No worries.
I confiscated the fanny pack.
It no longer is a temptation for Cindra :)
Jackson is getting taller!
Charlie with my cousin, Mike's little boy, Zach.
Boys everywhere!
My job was to collect $$ for the hayrides on the day of the festival.
Jackson was my helper.
He needed to take the occasional hayride out to the field and check things out.

A white pumpkin!
He collected several of these over the weekend.
And we forgot to take them home with us.....oooops.
Jackson wasn't too happy with me when we got back to LA and he went looking for his white pumpkins.
This is my friend Kenny's little boy Max.
Such a cutie!
Max, that is....not Kenny
I don't know why the sky is so blue and crisp on fall days...
I love it!
This is a picture I snapped of the farm looking down from the top of the hill.
Just to the left is Grandma Reeger's house.
That's the market straight ahead...
Love this view!

No comments: