Friday, August 13, 2010

Before and After

Hi, it's me....still alive. Just been busy moving, painting, organizing, getting kids started off to school....July and August have been a busy month!

I wanted to share this awesome find I found at our local donation center. The store is called Habitat for Humanity Donation Center. [guessing the proceeds go towards the Habitat for Humanity Organization?]
Anyways, they have EVERYTHING. You name it, someone has dropped it off as a donation.

I decided I wanted a dresser for my closet. Last time I checked, dressers were expensive....

sooooooo....I found this beauty
[well, she's a beauty now that I got my hands on her]

and for only $50.




It's previous owner had plastered skateboarding stickers all over the side.
[gasp]
It's previous owners had spray painted the brass handles black...
After some sanding,
two coats of primer,
two coats of Behr ultra white in satin....

and my very first attempt at Antique Glazing....
This is what I got! I ordered new pulls online [wanted glass ones, but couldn't find any in the odd size of the holes so I settled for brushed nickel].


I also took an old mirror that I had and did the same treatment to it so they would match nicely in my closet!
[sorry the lighting is so bad...no natural light in my closet]
This dresser is heavy and sturdy and I love all the details of it :)
I'm wondering if I overdid it on the Antique Glaze?
Jackson said it looks dirty....
I just didn't want a stark white dresser.
What do you think?

Next project....PAINT the closets.

Anyone want to help?

Anyone? Tap, Tap, this thing on?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It look marvelous! You are so creatively talented! I love it - even tho someones opinion is "it looks dirty". That's what Papa would say. How is it you always end up with big closets?

Chelsea Drew said...

I love it! If the boys and I were a little closer... I would love to help you get your house in order! tell you what, If we come down to help you with yours... you will have to come help me with mine (when we finally get it). deal?!

miss and love you guys.

Lindsey said...

good to hear from you. Cant wait to come visit some day and see the new house and have addison play with the boys. miss ya love ya

Aunt B said...

I am very proud of your project...looks like you know what you are doing!