Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Wedding in NY

ok, so just starting out this trip three days in, with a picture on wedding day.
The groomsmen.
I finally broke out the camera.
And how handsome a picture!


The one benefit of being friends with both bride and groom :)
I made my way to the bridal suite after I took pics of the handsome groomsmen!
I stepped out of the bridal suite onto the balcony and this is what I happened upon...
The Groom and his best man...
ahhhhh, the groomsmen, doing what groomsmen do best!
Here we are seated at the ceremony and are looking back waiting for the bride to walk down the aisle.
When she peeks out the door and looks down upon her audience.
How special :)
James next to the groom.
He said Rob kept telling him to talk to him.

Talking to him.
James is pretty good about talking....
Finally the bride arrives with her Dad in tow.
How special this moment has to be.
I've never experienced it for myself....
Isn't she stunning??
We made our way into the reception.
After 1 1/2 hours of a cocktail hour.
wow.
the food was delicious!
These were my wedding shoes!
It was a spectacular event!
James captured the moment with the ringbearer!
And then we walked into the dining room....

I cannot explain how gorgeous the dining room was.
The centerpieces alone were amazing.

Crystals hanging down from the arrangements with candles?
Wow!
It was amazing!


I asked someone if I could take a centerpiece home....
they just looked at me in confusion..

...guess that's not a southern wedding tradition

James and Rob's cousin, Melissa, being announced into the reception.
and finally the happy couple arrives!
They are stunning!
Tara's dress is absolutely amazing!
As is the wedding cake.
As soon as they announced the cutting of the cake,
the announcer invited everyone into the "dessert cafe."

Let me die and go to heaven please.
Gelato station.
Bananas Foster station.
Cheesecake station.
Baked goods station....
on and on for four more stations......

James and Jamie got to be good friends during this event.
Me and Tara at the end of the night...
James and I were off to bed
to spend the night in a castle!
The next morning we woke and had brunch with the family.
This is James' coach from his Junior College.
"Coach Jordan"
I was happy to put a name to a face.
After all these years, I could put a face to a name :)
About to leave the Castle. Oheka Castle that is...
Me, James, Rob, Tara
The whole fam plus the Gilmores :)

We had a great weekend!
It was so nice to visit with Rob and his family and to celebrate his wedding.

Congrats to Rob and Tara!
We love you both very much!

Hope you have fun in Greece!

No comments: