Friday, August 20, 2010

First Day of School!

I'm the proud owner of a Preschooler and Kindergartener!
Charlie started his first day of preschool on August 10.
[goes to show you how much of a slacker mom I am in the blog world...]
He goes to school on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9-1 pm.


He loves school!
His first day I walked him into his classroom and he ran over to the playdough table sat down.
Meanwhile, I felt bad for some of the moms [and dads] whose children were having a bit of separation anxiety!
Thanks Charlie for making that moment much less emotional for the both of us!



Then my big boy started kindergarten on August 17th!
He was super excited! Up early, getting dressed, backpack on an HOUR before we left for school....
He wanted to ride the bus to school on his first day of school, but I insisted on taking him....
after that day, I promised he could ride the bus to school.
We decided I would pick him up from school since the bus doesn't drop off at our house after school until 4:45!
That would make for a long day!
My boys getting ready to leave!
Jackson has to wear a uniform to school. [which I think is a GREAT idea]
white or navy shirts and khaki or navy shorts.
He can also wear the school t-shirt we bought at his school.

Someone was being a punk and didn't want to smile for the camera.
I had to do some tickling....
...and ended up with this forced smile. Oh well.

Just for the record: Yes, I shed a tear after I dropped Jackson off on his first day.
It was an emotion I hadn't experienced before. I mean, he's been going to preschool for the past 3 years, but for some reason, this time, it was different.
He was going to BIG school. Riding the bus. Eating in a cafeteria. Bringing home homework.
....and this is just the beginning!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

. . . and many more "just the beginnings" to come. I love the pics! Love, Nonna