Tuesday, December 1, 2009

One More Step Away From Babyland...

Charlie has graduated to a toddler bed. Several factors were involved, but it's true, he was ready for a "big boy bed."
He had tried to escape from his crib a couple of times and that resulted in tears and bruises.

I found this toddler bed on craigslist and went and picked it up the next day. It's practically brand new looking! And a fraction of the cost of a new one...James was so proud! I bargain shopped!




Can I just tell you Charlie loves his new bed! He has not gotten out of his bed ONCE in the week that we've had it! I am so proud of him.

I was inevitably expecting the worst, seeing as what we went through with Jackson [and are STILL going through with Jackson].

I put him in it for a nap one day and winced all the way to the door...Jackson and I stood outside his door for a good 5 minutes...waiting.

Waiting for a cry.

Waiting for a thud.

Waiting for the door to open.

It never happened.

I was shocked. Pleasantly shocked :)

------------------------

I also wanted to share with you the new book I am reading for my "Book Club".

It's called Crazy Love and this morning was our first meeting.

There's only four of us in our little club, but it's fun.

We drank coffee [well I drank green tea since I kicked the other stuff recently] and ate muffins and let all SEVEN kids run around us while we chatted and got real with each other.

It was good for the soul.

I am really looking forward to this.




Of course us four moms had oodles of other stuff to talk about to...but it's good to see that you're not alone in your journey.

And people have the same struggles as I do. And the fact that they're not ashamed, embarrassed, or too prideful to share those struggles is just way cool.

I gravitate towards those kinds of people. I strive to be more "real" everyday.

Can't wait to finish this book :)

Happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics! Am very glad you found a group of women to share, and help each other through these tough times with young children. That is important! Love you! Mom

Kimberly said...

I wish I could join your club, that's wonderful. I miss you!

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.