Saturday, December 12, 2009

A Cookie Party

My friend, Tracey, had this brilliant idea to have a cookie exchange party. I totally jumped onboard. I love me a party!
I hosted.
All we had to do was each bake two different kinds of home-made cookies.
Tracey provided the tins...for everyone.
So generous.
So Lana, Jackson and myself baked alllllllllllll afternoon yesterday.
We had Christmas music playing.
It was cold outside.
It felt like Christmas.
James is out of town for the weekend, so I didn't have to cook..and I didn't!

We had a really fun afternoon.

Until Mr. Charlie woke from his nap and decided to start circling the island full of cookies.


He managed to get his paws on quite a few of these cookies.
He'd lick them real quick, then, well, they were his.
I wasn't going to put them back.
Smart little booger.
These two were like hungry sharks circling a boat full of people.
It was all Lana and I could do to keep surveillance on the cookie island non-stop.

And then the party started!
I decided to add to the festivites and make it a Mimosa Brunch full of yummy stuff to snack on while us girls chatted the morning away :)

There were 10 of us. It was great fun. We each loaded up our cookie tins and packed them so we could deliver them. This is such a great idea for teachers, bus drivers, mailman, etc....

Next year we have decided that we need more cookies and less tins!



Tracey on the left...this was her brilliant idea. Her mom does this every year with her friends in Missouri and she wanted to start this tradition here.

Lana and Tracey

This sweet, sweet wildly energetic woman washed all my dishes.
Every last one of them.
I hugged her neck extra long when she left.
I hugged this little neck too.
Miss Evie is soooo cute!
My friends: Sara, Nikki, Me :)

It was such a fun party! I got so many gifts out of the way too! As soon as it stops torentially downpouring outside I plan on delivering some cookie tins to my neighbors.
Thanks to everyone who came! ALL of your cookies were delicious :)

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Those cookies look sooo good! I'll take a care package!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how many cookies you three baked! The sharks are my fav!!! Wish I could have been there. I need to plan that for next year. Love, Mom