Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wishful Thinking and A Bug

Aunt Lana brought these cool Diego undies home recently and Charlie was super excited. I bought him a Thomas the Train seat for the potty, but he's SO not interested in potty training, and honestly, I'm so not interested either. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to pocket the $20+ a week I spend on diapers, but he's scared of the potty.
He watches Jackson go potty, but if I try to set him on it, he goes nuts on me!

His little bum is so stinking cute in these undies. Give him 2 minutes TOPS and he's peed in them already. Little booger.

Nice try, Aunt Lana....maybe by spring? I don't know....


The last 72 hours have been pretty yucky around here. Charlie woke up Sunday morning covered in his own vomit, niiiiiiice, I know. It was not a pleasant sight, first thing in the morning. I didn't really think anything of it, because the day before he had swiped a pack of gum and sneakily consumed 7 pieces of gum before I discovered him. So I blamed the puke on that....Guess I was wrong. Then when James and I came down with it [we were both really sick all night Monday night] I knew it was some evil bug that was circulating around our household. And last night Jackson started complaining that his stomach hurt, so we prepared for what we knew was to come. He started throwing up at 7 pm and stopped around 2 am this morning...he woke up a new kid this morning. At least it doesn't last long! He should be back to school tomorrow.
I think I'd much rather have a 24 hour sickness than something that lasts for days...If I'm going to be sick, I'd just rather get it over with!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please, I beg you, leave the bug in Louisiana when you head north. I don't like it when Papa throws up! Tis not a pleasant sight nor sound!

Laura said...

His little bum looks precious in those undies! We are still working on potty training Brody - the little booger is 2 1/2 and still hasn't got it 100%!! As long as he is naked he does fine, but otherwise he won't quit playing to tell us. Tell me he will catch on eventually! Sorry you guys all got sick - that is the pits. Thank goodness it didn't last long!