Monday, October 12, 2009

Boys=Mud

When it rains, Jackson gets to play in the mud. He spends hours in the backyard in his sort-of man-made mud hole.

The rain falls off the roof at a corner and comes pouring down creating this little water hole in the grass. The trucks help the mud along just a little bit.


I watch him out there [all I have to do is turn around from my cozy seat on the couch, during a foodtv commercial break, no less, and he's right outside the backdoor] stirring up some mud.



I'm not lying, this lasted for 2 1/2 hours this afternoon. Charlie was napping. I got dinner made AND had time to lounge on the couch for Giada and Ina...that's what I call my kind of afternoon :)




He went straight to the shower when I heard the door open. He was covered in mud...and he had the BEST time.


On a sidenote: I've been searching high and low for a "black Spiderman" costume. I didn't know such thing existed, but evidently they do. We went to the costume store last week and they were sold out. Much disappointment ensued, but I told him I would find one for him, somewhere. I couldn't believe it when I breezed through the costume aisle at the Walmarts and lo and behold, it was there! And in his size! I was so proud of me self. And Jackson was sooooo excited when he got home from school :)





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh the simple things children find to amuze themselves! Can't wait to see all of you! Kiss my boys! Love, Nonna

Lindsey said...

I love love Jackson's face in the last pic. Its like ok mom, am I in trouble for getting this dirty or is it ok!!
love you guys