Thursday, June 11, 2009

Just one reason why I need a girl...

When things like this take place at my house, I usually:

a) run the other direction

b) feel left out

c) wish I had a little girl


This is way too manly (and gross) for my liking. Plus, the fish stench on a 90 degree summer day with no wind blowing is no day in the park either. Notice every boy in the house flocks to James to see what's going on, manhandle some slimy fish, or fight over who gets to hold what...

Charlie just kept pointing and screaming, "FISH!"

That one is actually bigger than Charlie.
I was summoned from my recliner by Jackson to "come outside with my camera."
So I put the nail file down and grabbed my camera.
No, we did not have fish for dinner.
I can only handle...wait, my stomach, can only handle a fish fry like once a month. Don't get my wrong, my hubby knows how to fry fish, but it's a heavy meal and one that counteracts 3 whole weeks in the gym. Worth it? Sometimes, maybe, yes.

Playing it safe with a .5 pound trout. Don't blame ya there buddy.
So there is just one reason I need a girl. I could have been inside brushing her locks or painting her toenails or teaching her how to apply eyeshadow properly.
Oh well. Such is life. I'll be content for now being the "queen" in a house full of boys :)
Gotta go. As soon as they walk in the door I've got to corral 3 boys to the showers. Pronto.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh come on now. I'll let you brush my locks anytime you want. -Lana

Anonymous said...

and when I come visit, you can brush my locks too! That or the alternative! Lana and I are only trying to help. . .maybe you should try for the girl. Or maybe not, I'll keep out of it! Love Ya All!!! Nonna