Friday, December 28, 2007

A Christmas to Remember

Our stockings were hung by the chimney (some with thumbtacks). Merry Christmas everyone. We had an interesting Christmas this year. It started out with Jackson getting some sort of stomach bug...long story short, we ALL got it. The count is at 10 people in the family who have passed it around all stemming from a 30 pound 2 year old. Crazy stuff! James and I were in bed all day Christmas day sick to our stomachs. Lana took care of the kids, who the day before was sick with the "bug." We didn't get to go to Christmas dinner and exchange presents with the fam or anything! It was a saltines and gatorade diet for us. One good thing about it was we saved ourselves from all of those calories!! I actually lost weight! Anyways, we are all feeling better. Enjoy the pics...

Jackson discovering that Santa had been to our house and left him presents....I think James was more excited than he was! His face is priceless!

Beau and Holly spent the night Christmas Eve and we all got up and opened our presents together!
Charlie enjoying the tissue paper. Merry First Christmas Charlie!
A massive dump truck from Uncle Beau and Holly! gee thanks guys :)
"his" and "his" chairs from Auntie Lana. They'll be put to use many times on rainy days for movies!! Jackson calls them "big boy chairs."
Quickly getting a coat and shoes (crocs, like they will keep your feet warm, yes folks, it was actually cold here on Christmas day) so he could test drive his new set of wheels....look closely it even has a water bottle holder ha!


Santa has been here!
Santa devoured the cookies Jackson left out for him!
Charlie checking out his new chair and his name apparently.
Big smiles! Ok, yes, Charlie's hair is really long. Everyone tells me to cut it because he has a mullet. I wanted to wait until he was at least a year old, but I might have to give in. Oh, and everywhere we go people say, "SHE is so cute." I am constantly telling strangers that SHE is a HE. One lady actually said, "Really?" I was dumbfounded. No lady, I don't know what the sex of my own child is..COME ON!

The Gilmore's new residence. We are enjoying being back in town, and I in a neighborhood with some civilization. The "country" wasn't cutting it for me anyways. However, we have to constantly tell Jackson that he in fact does have to put on pants or underwear or whatever item of clothing he is lacking at the moment to go outside and play. We don't want to be "those"neighbors :)








2 comments:

Laura said...

Looks like you guys had a great Christmas (other than the stomach bug)!! And your new house is beautiful. I bet you are excited to be back in "town". Can't wait to come down and see you guys....whenever that will be....

Laura

Anonymous said...

I love you for not taking any pictures of me!! :)
L