Saturday, May 14, 2011

Gilmore Garden 2011

Let me just start by saying that we LOVE where we live :)
It's been an interesting [to say the least] last 4 years with housing situations...
and we feel truly at home now.
We will have been in this house for one year in June!
...and we don't plan on going anywhere for a LONG time :)

One of the first things we said we wanted to do when we bought this house was to plant a garden.
We've got corn.
We've got squash.
We've got tomatoes.
We've got eggplant and bell peppers too!

and everything seems to to be growing happily!

James even built a garden for Jackson.
It's right next to the "big" garden.
He prays for his garden to grow every night.
It's so cute.
I told James he better start praying for his garden to grow or we're only going to be eating out of Jackson's garden... :)

Hopefully, we'll be eating the harvest in a month or so...

and here's my little bitty herb garden!
I've got basil, parsley and rosemary.
I've managed to kill off my mint and cilantro....
But I'm going to try again.
It's amazing how much rosemary I use!
I love to marinate chicken breasts in Italian Dressing and rosemary for a day then grill it.
Sooooo delicious!

No comments: