Monday, September 6, 2010

Gone Fishing!

James took us fishing on Saturday morning!
The boys were so excited!
They laid out their own clothes the night before, down to which belt and hat they were going to wear!
We got up at 5:30 am headed down to Hopedale, La.
It was an interesting drive.

You have to go through Chalmette to get to Hopedale.
Chalmette was an extremely devestated area after Katrina and I hadn't been down there in about 4 years.
There are STILL abandoned houses...
There are STILL spraypainted signs on the fronts of houses.
On some old warehouses and vacant buildings, you can still see the waterline.

It was sad.

But two little boys were so pumped to go fishin'!
Charlie laid the sunscreen on thick!
He kept telling James and me, "I cited to go fishnin"
:)
Sidenote: Charlie had a tooth pulled last Thursday. His mouth was so numb that he bit his lip and it looks horrible. It looks like he's got a wad of chewing gum in his mouth, but it's just his mangled lip. Poor baby!
`
James was excited to get me on a boat!
I haven't been fishing on sooo long!
And I like fishing!
It was about an 1 hour 15 min drive from our house.
I packed us a lunch and we had a great time.
James was the first one to catch a fish.

Black Drum!
Someone [James] was super impressed with my casting skills.
What can I say?
James and I were super busy casting the boys lines and watching them non-stop so that no one went overboard...
It wasn't exactly a stress-free experience.
But it was fun, and we'll do it again.
This one was making me nervous standing at the front of the boat hanging on to NOTHING.
He caught some baby catfish that we threw back.
Unfortunately, Charlie caught nothing.
He kept chucking Doritos and canteloupe into the water...

Me and my boys.
They were EXHAUSTED at the end of the day.
We had a yummy fish dinner that night.
It was seriously so good.
We are making it again tonight!
Barefoot Contessa: Mustard Roasted Fish
Make it!
We used Redfish that we had caught, I'm sure you could use any fish.

We're already planning our next trip :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Quality time together! That's how you keep away the bad cruel world; but then I'm sure you and James have figured that one out. So enjoyed Charlie & Lana - looking forward to Oct 7th! Nona