Monday, September 6, 2010

Another Before and After!

I wish I would have taken a true "before" pic of our master bathroom.
This is a picture of the vanity which is about to be transformed....

I was in the process of painting the walls at this point.
[the ceiling is yet to be painted!]
I went with "Gray Wisp" from Benjamin Moore on the walls and 2 tones lighter on the ceilings. I painted the same color in my bedroom and love the color.
Very gray/blue/green, depending on the light.

First, I sanded down the vanity and removed all hardware and doors.
Then I primed it with an oil based primer.
Two days later I pained it "Sailcloth" by Benjamin Moore. Two coats.



I bought new chrome hardware.
And added mirrors that I had already had.
[please disregard the ugly light fixture hanging down]
That's about to go bye-bye!
What do you think?
I love how it lightened up everything!
I turned around and this is the bathtub.
I painted that architectural thingy above the window white and went to town on it with some sandpaper.
It is a true antique and was formerly red...
There's lots yet to be done in this bathroom.
We are going to remove the brown tiles around the tub and replace them with white subway tiles.
I want a piece of white marble to go on top of the sinks...
and I'm really not sure what to do on the floors yet!
Right now it's concrete. The previous owners pulled up the wood floor [I think they had water damage] so we've got a clean slate to work with once I decide what I want to go with.

Any suggestions?

No comments: