Friday, May 28, 2010

Blackberry Pickin' with the Conrads

We drove out to Tim's house this morning with the Conrad Fam to let the kids pick some wild blackberries that grew alongside the road.
I had "stuffing my face with blackberry cobbler" on the brain.
Charlie had Mia on the brain.
Isn't she a doll???
Charlie likes Mia.
On our way out there, Charlie said, "Mommy, Mia wear a dress?"
oh help me....
Look at his little hand around her waist! Ha!

Another Conrad.
Trent Conrad, that is.
He had just gotten started.
[and he was eating all of his blackberries as he picked them...I watched him]
Momma Conrad.
as in, Marci.
She wore flip flops.
Wild blackberry bushes have LOTS of thorns.
We'll stop there.
Hey you two!
Get back here!
It's not everyday my kid gets to run wildly down a paved road.
[we were in the country!]
Jackson enjoyed picking blackberries.
Just look at that sweat on his brow!
It was h-o-t!
Another Conrad! Miss Emma!
It was prickly, hot, buggy, and sticky.
But we went home with enough blackberries to make a cobbler.
And that is exactly what I am about to do!
Happy Friday!
Thanks, Conrads :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where is this cobbler that you speak of?!? I've looked everywhere :-\ Lana