Wednesday, April 21, 2010

PA in April

The boys and I have been in PA at my mom's since Saturday.
Jackson is playing hooky from preschool.
The weather was poopy when we got here, but it's turned out to be a beautiful and warm week with lots of sunshine :)

We went to Aunt Mary's tonight for dinner--girls dinner.
Bonnie made homeade linguini.
Chelsea made homeade eggplant marinara sauce and marinated artichokes.
Mary supplied the sangria.
I made a salad with homeade champagne vinaigrette.
Barb brought Meadows ice cream. Two flavors.


It turned out to be a very delicious dinner.




Bonnie's in the black and white serving up her homeade linguini that only cooks for 45 seconds.

It was divine.






Jackson was running around in my cousin Paul's, boxer shorts, who happens to be 18 years old.



And then there is this little man, Elliott, who slept through the cackling and jibber jabber of the ladies of the fam.

He is a chunk.

And a really, really good baby.

Cousin Molly, cousin Chelsea and Lana on the laptop.

Jenna, Molly, Jackson, Charlie and Carter enjoying their Meadows ice cream :)



My mom got a new lawn mower and the boys made her drive them in circles around the house in the trailer.

They had a grand old time.


That's Carter in the wagon, Chelsea's eldest son.
He's a firecracker.



Elliott stayed inside where it was quiter and oogled and googled at his mobile.

He's got the prettiest blue eyes...so jealous!





And then we come to these two monkeys......


Me: "Who in the world poured all of this water on the floor? Nonna is going to be mad!"

Charlie: "I didn't do it"

Jackson: "Charlie did it"


hmmmm......I don't think I had a hard time believing one of them....


Charlie: "Ok Mommy! I did it!" [insert melt your heart smile]


Playing tractors on Grandma Reeger's front porch. Lana and I chose to take advantage of the porch swing.

I had to get ample time in on that thing....it's my favorite.



A very fragrant, beautiful flower [I should know what the name of this flower is, but I'm drawing a blank] growing in the gravel in Grandma's walkway.



Jackson picked me a stem. It smelled so yum.


Overheard today:

Lana: "Get over it, Jackson!"

Jackson: "Well, that's not nice!"

Lana: "You're not nice!"

Jackson: "Sometimes I am!"


I have no idea what they were arguing about.

I didn't ask.

I thought that was funny though.


1 comment:

Ronni said...

Hyacinth. :)