Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Joys of Motherhood...oh and who could forget Bastille Day!

There's a few (ok, a lot) of funny things that my kids do or I do that just make me laugh. What else can you do really? To a "non-mother" these funny things may seem gross or disgusting but a mom can handle anything...and I mean anything, and do it with a smile on her face!

  1. We went to the gym yesterday and the kids go with me because they have a kidscare room and get to play while I workout. Charlie pooed in the car on the way to the gym. I knew because I could smell it from the front seat...and the air flow was going back. I knew it was going to be a doozy. So I get in the gym to where Charlie stays and as I lift him from my hip I discover I am covered in poo and so is Charlie's outfit. Great! At least I had brought another outfit for him, I know him. He's the hefty man pooer type. But my shirt? I scrubbed and scrubbed the poo off...it all came off, but the stench certainly didn't come off. I proceeded to work out anyways...is this gross? I didn't care. I wanted to work out and I wasn't going to let the stench of my son's poo on my shirt stop me. It was nasty and I didn't breathe much during my workout nor did I get too close to another person for fear they'd think I did something of the sort myself. Oh the horror! Ohhhhh the joys of motherhood!

  2. Also yesterday, (yesterday was an eventful day)...I roasted a chicken for dinner. Charlie was in his walker and jetting all over the place. I put the chicken wrapper in the trash (the trash was rather full, so I put it on top and pressed the trash down til I could take the trash out). I prepare the chicken for the oven and put it in. I turn around and Charlie has his back to me from across the kitchen. I see he has something on his walker tray and in his mouth. I walked up to him and see he has pulled the RAW chicken wrapper from the trash and is eating it. I FREAKED OUT!!! I start screaming and Charlie starts crying because I am screaming. I don't know what to do. All that is running through my head is that my child is going to get salmonella poisoning and die. I called the pediatrician and she said there's nothing I can do now, just watch his diapers and make sure there is no blood in his stool...Great. So far, he's fine. I have prayed over and over again that he doesn't get poisoned and observed him to the point that I am a little stalker like. When changing his diapers I take a deep breath and hold it, then get real close to survey the poo for any traces of blood. It's gross. But so far.....nothing. Isn't that awful? Jackson was never into anything like Charlie is. They are SO different and I am just going to have to adjust to that! Charlie is like a bull in a china shop. He just barrels through and takes everything down with him leaving a resemblance of a house tornado. Poor Jackson gets beat up all the time because my 10 1/2 month old likes to pull hair, bite, and hit his older, bigger brother....oh the joys of motherhood! Or should I say, "oh the joys of being a mother to boys!

......................................................................................................

We went with my cousin, Steph and her family, and the Pierce's, to Bastille Day Celebration on Saturday night in downtown Covington. The men protested, but us women proclaimed we needed some "culture" in our lives. American's have the Fourth of July and the French have Bastille Day. I don't know why the town decided to celebrate this foreign holiday...but it was different and fun. All of the art galleries were open and we got to walk through them. The kids didn't have much to do, but it was better than sitting at home and staring at the walls on a Saturday night!


Just a pretty balcony we saw from the street. It's typical New Orleans style...I love it

The kids waving their "Bastille Day" fans....it was dreadfully hot that evening.


Charlie waving. It's his new favorite thing to do (besides eat raw chicken juice ;)
Don't mind my crazy hairdo..it was the end of the day...enough said!



I cropped myself out of this picture. He was staring at me and I just thought it was the cutest face...my face would have ruined the whole picture. He's so sweet!




Jackson looking into the camera






Going for a bike ride...




1 comment:

Chelsea Drew said...

wow! so that's what i have to look forward to?!?! I seriously cannot read this without cracking up... hope to see you guys soon! we miss and love ya!