Monday, June 18, 2012

Stripes!

When I feel the urge to change things up a bit in my house, [which is quite often!  Hey, I come by it honest!]
I paint!
It's a relatively inexpensive way to bring a new look and update without breaking the bank.
My house is beige.
I don't hate beige.
It just gets blah looking.
I am trying to change that....
in come stripes!
 

I saw a cute post on Remodelholic.com about a girl that did this to her foyer and I was instantly like, "Oh, I am so doing that!" 
My foyer was the perfect place to spruce up in one afternoon! 
Fat cat decided to plant it right in the middle of my project...
dandruff anyone? 
So here are all of the befores... 
of course, I enlisted the help of my sister!
We came home from church one Sunday and I put Georgia down for her nap.
Lana and I got started taping up the wall.
I found a formula online for how to calculate how wide I wanted my stripes to be considering my ceiling height.
We cleared out the room and got to work! 
Here is the "after"
It took Lana and I about 3 hours to complete.
It wasn't hard at all!!
 
I am very pleased with the results! 
It really brings a new dimension to the room.
and I no longer have to stare at just beige walls! 
I just need to find some cute roman shades for my front doors.
[insert inexpensive.... and cute]. 
I painted the mirror that hangs above the console table the same color as the ivory stripes and hung it back up.

Original wall color:  Behr Castle Path
stripe:  Behr White Clay

hmmmmm...what's next!?

No comments: