Friday, April 13, 2012

eye sore...resolved!

Have you ever been "shopping" for a particular something for, oh say, a YEAR AND A HALF?!
But can't find what your looking for in your head?

I have.
I have this space in my house,
[actually many spaces I feel this way about]...
that I could totally picture what I wanted it to look like.
But either A:  I couldn't afford it
or B:  it didn't exist...

insert my desire to be a designer so I could create EXACTLY what I had in mind......

Problem Area::
The area under our flatscreen tv on the wall in our living room...

The drawback was/is that I don't have a debit card with limitless funds :-/
That poses a problem for this gal.

Anywho.
On this fine Friday the thirteenth, I found EXACTLY what I was looking for...


I have never been to this one consignment shop in our town.
Don't know why I was called to go there today.
But I'm glad I did.


Cause I found this beauty.
Old.
Very Old.
Beautiful.
Multiple Uses flying around in my head.
First thought?
Area under my tv!


Second thought...
dresser for GA someday!


40% off?
Sold.
So here's the BEFORE.
Awful.
Ugly.
Provides no storage.
Cords hanging out for my 8 month old to chew...
AFTER.
Perfect.
Exactly what I had pictured in my head.
I was thinking I was going to have to buy an old dresser and strip down the paint and repaint. etc.....
She came perfectly shabby :)
With three drawers to hold all my life's junk.
Bottom drawer:  Ga's toys!
Middle drawer:  grown up movies!
top drawer:  kids movies!
I am so happy I found it!
I think they are too :)


I took the mirror off and stored it in the attic until I someday put it in GA's room...


Yay for a good find!!



No comments: